Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Benefits of Smoothies for Health

hh
Smoothie kiosks, restaurants and pre-packaged smoothie drinks are available everywhere. The fruity drink has become a favorite for many, and with the numerous health benefits it’s easy to see why. Today you can find countless food chains that offer smoothies. However, in some cases, you should proceed with caution when you go to pick the right smoothie. Many of these chains promote smoothies high in fat and calories that can actually detract from the health benefits that a homemade smoothie can provide although they are almost always delicious in my opinion as long as they are made with fresh fruits like strawberries, bananas, peaches, or mangos for instance.

Red Smoothie Detox review
Red Smoothie Detox review


Everyone once in awhile i’ll admit that I enjoy indulging in a robeks smoothie, the peanut power shake is to die for! But over time I have found that it’s more rewarding to blend these amazingly delicious shakes at home by yourself instead of relying on a store or a pre-packaged option. This way it’s easily accessible and better on the wallet if you know how to shop for ingredients. With only some general information on smoothies, you can learn how to make them delicious and even unique if you know the right tricks, while saving you money in process if you are the type that likes a good deal.

Smoothies are delicious and easy to make. All you need is a few simple ingredients and a blender. They are great for a midday snack, a delicious treat on the go, and can even can be used as a complete meal replacement. I find it really strange that more people don’t use them as a larger part of their diets because of this versatility. Properly made they can provide you with more nutrients than juice, and since most juices such as Welches brand are equivalent to drinking liquid candy, it’s better to steer clear of them anyway. 

Similar to over the counter juice, this is one danger you run into if you are buying your smoothies from a place that sells them instead of buying the ingredients and making it yourself. I personally always like to know what is in what I am drinking.

A smoothie offers higher levels of fiber, to ensure excellent digestion. They can provide you with the full spectrum of vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants. Smoothies have enough vitamins to get you through the entire day without having to worry about being properly nourished. Personally I like to drink my smoothie first thing in the morning as a part of breakfast. It ensures that my body is hydrated right from the start (especially if you add a few ice cubes into the mix), and it’s great as a portable meal for when you’re on the go as I mentioned earlier. Its my second most common use of these great shakes. When you drink them, you will also have more energy throughout the day by adding all of those extra fruits in your system.  Fruit in general does a great job at providing your body with really high quality carbohydrates which give a dramatic increase in energy. I tend to try many different ingredients but enjoy smoothie recipes with yogurt in the morning the most.
The best part about a smoothie is that there is no set recipe for how to make it, or what fruits to add. If you are in the mood for something different and want to add mangos or something like acai berries, there is a lot of freedom to do so. This allows for some great creativity in the kitchen. Because of this fact, and because I never know which ingredients and recipes I will feel like choosing, I like to keep my fridge stocked with all of my favorite fruits. It’s a must to have bananas on the grocery list if you are a smoothie drinker, they’re rich in potassium and provide the drink with a creamy texture and consistency, making in more pleasant to eat. I also make sure to have an ample supply of orange juice, strawberries, blueberries and pineapple, these are some more of the more common ingredients I will typically use.
Another great tip is to get ready in advance if you know you will want to be having smoothies regularly during the coming week. I like to cut up my fruit and store it in the fridge at the beginning of each week.  It cuts down the prep time for when i’m in a hurry and running out the door in the morning as is not too uncommon with me. Another great option is to purchase frozen fruit in bulk from a local grocery store. This is a great tip for if you don’t think you will be able to go through all of the fruits and other ingredients you buy in the same week. Frozen fruit lasts a lot longer than fresh fruit and it still tastes great when you blend it. I tend to mix it up myself and always try to go through what I have fresh first while keeping a stock in the freezer for when I run out but don’t have time to run to the store that day.

Smoothies really do have some great benefits, it’s part of the reason why I am so passionate about spreading the word to other people. I want everyone to have the chance to be healthier and feel better like I have since I started drinking them on a regular basis. They protect your from illness, boost your immune system and re-energize your body. When I first started I did not really believe I would see a different in how much energy I had, but boy was I wrong. I feel much better than I did on my old diet that was less organized and full of fillers instead of my diet not packed with vitamins and nutrients. What’s not to love about a smoothie? Leading nutritionists encourage you to add a smoothie into your meal plan, their taste better than a multivitamin and with only minutes of prep time you can enjoy them quickly. If you’re looking for some inspiration for your next drink, or simply don’t know where to start, don’t worry I have provided a list of healthy and delicious smoothie recipes throughout this site to get you started. 

0 التعليقات: